Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need an Atlanta personal injury lawyer who will fight for your rights. At the Fitzpatrick Firm, we have more than 20 years of experience helping people just like you get the compensation they deserve. We know how to build a strong case and we’ll do everything we can to help you.
Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney Ready To Fight The Insurance Companies
You shouldn’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay your medical bills or whether you’ll be able to work again. Let us handle the insurance companies and the legal process so you can focus on getting better.
At The Fitzpatrick Firm, we know how to fight the insurance company and get the compensation you need and deserve. The lawyers at our firm have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and know how to navigate the legal system to get our clients the best possible outcome. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, call us today and let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Get The Most Out Of Your Atlanta Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be considering filing a personal injury lawsuit. While it’s possible to handle your own case, there are many benefits to working with an experienced attorney.
For one thing, an attorney can help you navigate the complex legal system and ensure that your rights are protected at every step of the process.
An attorney can also help you gather the evidence you’ll need to build a strong case, and he or she can negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf.
Perhaps most importantly, an attorney will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in an accident, you may need a personal injury lawyer to help you receive the compensation you deserve. You should not have to suffer financially because of someone else’s negligence.
Personal injury lawyers will help you by:
- Investigating your case to identify all potential defendants and sources of compensation
- Gathering evidence to support your claim, including eyewitness testimony, medical records, and more
- Calculating the value of your damages, including past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
- Obtaining the best possible verdict or settlement for your case
No one expects to be injured in an accident. When it happens, you may be facing a long road to recovery. You may also be dealing with mounting medical bills and lost wages. The last thing you want to worry about is how you are going to pay for your legal representation.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not get paid unless and until we recover compensation for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Represent
If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else's fault, the Fitzpatrick Firm may be able to help you recover compensation. We represent clients in a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
Did You Know That Georgia Personal Injury Law Is On Your Side?
Georgia law is advantageous to personal injury claims in several ways.
- First, Georgia has a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury claims, which means you have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is longer than the statute of limitations in most other states.
- Second, Georgia is a “fault” state for car accidents, which means that the person who caused the accident is responsible for paying the damages. This is different from “no-fault” states, where each driver’s own insurance company pays for their damages, regardless of who was at fault.
- Finally, Georgia law allows for “pain and suffering” damages to be recovered in personal injury lawsuits. This means that you can receive compensation for things like physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact a personal injury attorney to see if you have a personal injury claim.
The Fitzpatrick Firm is dedicated to fighting for the rights of those who have been injured by the negligence of others. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an accident can take on victims and their families. Our goal is to help you get your life back on track by getting you the compensation you need and deserve.
We work hard to ensure that our clients receive the maximum possible compensation for their injuries. We will thoroughly investigate your case, build a strong legal argument, and fight aggressively for your rights in court. If we are unable to reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial.
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win
At The Fitzpatrick Firm, we believe that everyone should have access to quality legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, please contact us today for a free consultation. We would be happy to review your case and answer any questions you may have.
Fight for the rights of those who have been injured by the negligence of others
The Fitzpatrick Firm is a personal injury law firm that fights for the rights of those who have been injured by the negligence of others. We understand that being injured can be a difficult experience, and we are here to help you through the legal process. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Get your life back on track
We understand that being injured can be a difficult time, and we are here to help you through the process. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We know how to navigate the legal system, and we will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Receive the maximum possible compensation for your injuries
At The Fitzpatrick Firm, we know how to fight for the maximum possible compensation for your injuries. We have the experience and the resources to get you the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to get you the money you need to recover from your injuries.
We understand what you are going through, and we will do everything we can to help you get through this difficult time.
Fight aggressively for your rights
It is important to remember that fighting for your rights is just as important as receiving any compensation you may be awarded. It is your right to fight for what you deserve, and our team at The Fitzpatrick Firm will be there every step of the way to ensure that you get the justice you deserve.
We know how to navigate the legal system, and we will aggressively fight for your rights. We understand what you are going through, and we will do everything we can to help you get through this difficult time.
If we are unable to reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial
The Fitzpatrick Firm is prepared to take your case to trial with our highly experienced trial lawyer team. We have the experience and the resources to get you the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to get you the money you need to recover from your injuries.
Provide access to quality legal representation, regardless of financial situation
We strive to provide legal representation to all who have been injured regardless of their financial situation. We are committed to providing quality legal services to our clients, no matter their financial situation.
Our goal is to provide quality legal representation to all who have been injured, and we offer a variety of payment options and will work with you to find a plan that fits your budget.
How Much Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
Personal injury compensation can vary based on the type of case. For example, a personal injury case caused by a car accident will usually be worth more than a personal injury case caused by a slip and fall. The reason for this is those car accidents tend to cause more serious injuries than slips and falls.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the value of a personal injury case can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances involved. Some factors that can affect the value of a personal injury case include:
- The severity of the injuries sustained
- The number of medical bills and other expenses incurred as a result of the injuries
- The extent to which the injuries have impacted the victim’s quality of life
- The defendant’s liability (i.e. whether or not they are deemed responsible for the injuries)
In some cases, a personal injury settlement or verdict may be worth millions of dollars. In others, it may be worth only a few thousand.
If you have been injured and would like to know more about how much your case is worth, please contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at The Fitzpatrick Firm.
Personal Injury Lawyers Frequently Asked Questions
Why Hire The Fitzpatrick Firm, LLC?
The Fitzpatrick Firm, LLC is respected and well-known in the state of Georgia for helping injury victims fight for their rights and get compensation. Our skilled and experienced personal injury attorneys have a strong commitment to the interest of our clients. You can count on us to successfully advocate for the right settlement that you are entitled to after suffering a personal injury. We give serious attention to every case that is brought to us by analyzing all aspects of your injuries and your claim. that can be sued depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury. You can count on our support every step of the way from accident to trial.
Do I Really Need A Personal Injury Attorney?
Even if you have minor injuries, you may not get full compensation without help from an attorney. Additionally, businesses and/or individuals at fault usually do their best to avoid liability when a severe physical injury occurs at their premises. That’s why most insurance companies retain lawyers for such situations.
For instance, when a construction worker falls and breaks their limbs, the insurance company’s lawyer will do his or her best to find any evidence to deny the victim full compensation. If you’re facing such a situation, you need a personal injury attorney based in Atlanta to protect your rights.
In order to get full compensation, you need to have an attorney well versed in Georgia insurance and personal injury law. Why? Because not all injuries have the same solution and a qualified personal injury attorney can help you navigate those unchartered waters.
When should I Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
Most people assume that personal injury lawyers only deal with auto and truck accidents. The truth is that you need one after sustaining significant injuries as a direct result of any of the following events.
- Dog bites without provocation – Let’s assume you’re at the mall and someone’s dog bites your calf deeply. You experience pain and suffering as a direct result of the bite. Since the dog’s teeth might be infected, you’ll need urgent medical attention. Perhaps the pain was so intense that you had to take a couple of days off of work. In this situation, a personal injury lawyer will help you build a solid case against the offender because he or she neglected to restrain the dog while walking in public.
- Injuries sustained at recreational venues – Sometimes accidents happen when you least expect it. For instance, an individual might get on a roller coaster looking for fun but halfway through the ride, something goes wrong. The passenger suffers multiple broken bones and can no longer handle their day to day responsibilities. This individual can’t work and their income is highly affected. A personal injury attorney will help the injured passenger get full compensation by proving negligence on the recreational park’s management. Have you ever attended a concert or match that ended prematurely due to a sudden outburst of violence? If you suffered significant injuries while fleeing for safety, hiring a personal lawyer will help you identify all liable parties that owe you compensation.
- Injuries sustained at your place of work – The nature of these cases are hard to solve because employers usually have the upper hand. An organization might threaten the victim with unemployment if he or she refuses to accept a compensation. However, if he or she rejects it, the company’s lawyer will use scare tactics so that the victim admits liability. This is illegal and you should rise against it by getting a personal lawyer. In this situation, your lawyer will obtain records showing the machinery’s maintenance dates to check for negligence. They will also find out whether you had fatigue due to overworking by assessing your job duties and daily working hours.
- Injuries to your child – Injured minors require their guardians or parents to file for compensation on their behalf. For instance, your son in junior high is about to take a dive, but the diving board breaks. This causes your son to land in an awkward position and suffers various injuries. You would need a personal injury attorney to protect your right to recovery. A good lawyer would help you get compensation by investigating the quality of the diving board, the presence of a lifeguard, and the availability of rescue equipment. Doing this prevents the school’s administration from using intimidation on your child to avoid liability.
- Injuries sustained in public transport – Do you need a personal injury attorney if you get serious injuries as a result of a bus, subway or train accident? Yes, you do. These types of claims are particularly time-sensitive and may require advance writing to the state, municipality or county. Just like a truck accident, several parties may be responsible for your injuries. You need a lawyer to determine the identity of the parties and their respective liabilities for full compensation.
- Defective products -Did you know that you’re entitled to compensation when you unknowingly buy a defective product? In 2016, Samsung had to recall millions of the newly released Note 8 smartphones to avoid paying hefty compensations. Why? Because most buyers noted that their phones exploded while charging. Samsung admitted that the Note 8 had technical issues and that’s why buyers didn’t pay anything to get replacements. Some car accidents happen because of a faulty or defective vehicle component. Since this has nothing to do with you or another driver, your personal injury attorney will expose the manufacturer’s defects.
- Car accidents – You’re entitled to compensation from the driver at fault for any personal injuries due to negligent driving. A personal injury lawyer enables you to get compensation to the full extent allowed by law.
- Truck accidents – Truck accidents involve multiple parties. You need solid legal counsel to determine the extent of liability for all parties
How is pain and suffering calculated in Georgia?
In Georgia, pain and suffering are calculated by multiplying the number of compensatory damages awarded by the jury by a multiplier that is set by the judge. This multiplier typically ranges from 1.5 to 4, depending on the severity of the injuries suffered. For example, if a jury awards $100,000 in compensatory damages and the judge sets a multiplier of 3, the total award for pain and suffering would be $300,000.
How much time do I have to file a personal injury claim in Georgia?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia is two years from the date of the accident or injury.
This means that you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the responsible party.
If you do not file your lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from doing so.
Why are there so many personal injury lawyers in Georgia?
There are a few reasons why there are so many personal injury lawyers in Georgia.
First, the state has a large population and a high number of accidents occur each year. This results in a large number of potential clients for personal injury lawyers.
Additionally, Georgia has laws that are favorable to plaintiffs in personal injury cases. These laws make it easier for injured people to recover damages from the responsible parties.
Finally, there is a lot of competition among personal injury lawyers in Georgia, which drives down prices and makes it easier for people to access legal representation.
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal options. An experienced attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The Fitzpatrick Firm can help. We are experienced personal injury lawyers who have helped countless clients get the settlements they deserve.
Contact The Fitzpatrick Firm Today
Don't try to navigate the complex legal system on your own. Let us help you every step of the way. Call us today at (678) 607-5550 or fill out our form below to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and let you know if we can help. There's no risk and no obligation, so don't wait, call us today.